I am so excited to share my playlist for July with you all. It has been a pretty exciting month for music, in my opinion…
Before I start, here is the Spotify playlist. Enjoy!
I am so, so, so thrilled that one of my favorite artists, Regina Spektor, has come out with a BRAND NEW SINGLE!! And there will be a new album coming out in SEPTEMBER! I couldn’t be happier. She hasn’t released an album since 2012, and even though those songs will never get old, I am ready for some new ones! All The Rowboats is from the album “What We Saw From The Cheap Seats,” and Bleeding Heart is the new single.
1. All The Rowboats // Regina Spektor
2. Bleeding Heart // Regina Spektor
These are the pop songs that I’ve been into lately. To be quite honest, I am not thrilled about the current top hits, they aren’t too great. The only pop artists I have been enjoying lately are Meghan Trainor, Drake, Adele, & Selena Gomez. Here are some of the songs I do like:
3. One Dance // Drake, Wizkid, Kyla
4. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) // Adele
5. Me Too // Meghan Trainor
And I like this song, too. I don’t know if it’s considered pop, but I love Coldplay so… whatever!
6. Birds // Coldplay
Here are some other random songs I don’t feel like categorizing. Heh.
7. Darling // Handsome and Gretyl — I LOVE this band!! Their songs are so catchy!
8. Behind Your Back // Nelly Furtado — I read an article saying that Nelly Furtado had a new single. I checked it out cause I knew some of her older songs. I was never a huge fan because I was pretty young when she was popular, but I really like this song! Plus her last name is fun to say. Furrrrrtaaaaadooo.
9. Wow // Beck — I remember when Beck won the Album of the Year at the Grammy’s a few years back. I had no idea who he was, honestly. I looked him up a couple days after and realized he was the voice behind the song “Loser” which I had heard on Glee and the radio and had recognized. So I saved a few of his songs on Spotify and fell in LOVE with them. His album Morning Phase, which won the Grammy, is amazing!!! I watched a ‘Teens React to Beck’ video, and I feel so sad for those kids who haven’t experienced the awesomeness that is BECK! So this song, “Wow” came out a month ago I think.
10. Blue Moon // Beck — from Morning Phase. Gosh, this song is so gooooooood!
11. Light Me Up // Ingrid Michaelson — I love Ingrid and her music. In my opinion, she is so underrated. Most people have heard her songs “Girls Chase Boys” or “You and I” or “Everybody,” yet have no clue who sings and writes them, which sucks cause she is a very talented artist!
12. Space Oddity // David Bowie — This song, and David Bowie, is awesome. Do I need to say more?
13. Hazy Shade of Winter // The Bangles — The Bangles are by second favorite girl band, next to The Go-Go’s. This song rocks!
14. Los Angeles // the bird and the bee — I found this song on YouTube and it’s so fun! I have to check out more of this band’s work.
OK so I think that’s about all for my July Playlist! I would normally do it in the beginning of August, but I didn’t do a June Playlist, so I decided to give it to you now.
What songs have you been loving this month?!